Work for ADGTK
Supports the Dog Trainers and Managers in day-to-day operations, assists in group classes and private consults, provides dog walking services as needed, executes administrative tasks and assists with the maintenance of the training site(s).
Duties and responsibilities
- Provide dog walking services.
- Prepare printed materials, including class curricula, homework, and certificates for class instructors.
- Assist with the registration and scheduling of clients for dog walking, group classes, private sessions and workshops.
- Assist Dog Trainers in group training classes.
- Check in clients (confirm vaccination status, collect payment, etc.) at dog training classes and socials.
- Assist with maintenance of training site(s).
- Deliver quality service for people and their pets in a friendly, informative, and non-judgmental manner.
- Demonstrate a commitment to scientifically-sound, force-free, reward-based methods.
- Provide administrative support.
- Assist with ordering and inventory of retail items.
- Establish priorities and work independently.
- Treat dogs humanely and compassionately at all times and foster a humane and caring attitude toward dogs in clients.
- Maintain a professional and friendly demeanor and provide good customer service.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding all cases and ADGTK information.
- Other duties as requested.
- Some college and behavior/training certification preferred.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check and pre-employment physical and substance screening.
- Knowledge of basic office equipment and computer skills. Candidates must also demonstrate the following traits:
- Team-focused attitude.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
- Mental and physical flexibility a must.
- Potentially subject to animal bites, scratches, bruises and other animal-related injuries.
- Works in an area with a high noise level.
- Provides dog walking and private training services during inclement weather.
- Drives personal vehicle to work sites on a regular basis.
- Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds; push and pull heavy objects; bend, twist, reach; perform strenuous physical activities including frequent walking and running, standing, bending and stooping.
- Should not be allergic to animals; must be able to work around all animals.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties and requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with this job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, for example, emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technological breakdowns or developments.
Probation: There is a 3-month probationary period, after which time the employee will be eligible for paid time off.
Hours of work: This is a full-time position, requiring 40 hours per week.
Vacation/Sick: After the probationary period, the employee is eligible for 2 weeks of paid time off per year. This can be used toward vacation time, sick time, family emergency or personal days. Vacation time should be requested 3 months in advance.
Applicants should email Kelly Shutt at firstname.lastname@example.org.