As you celebrate this holiday season don’t forget about that special something for Fido!
- Training - This should be a given, but it’s easy to forget that something can be done about those unwanted behaviors. Not only is training perfect for getting more reliable behaviors, but it’s also a great way to grow your relationship with your dog. The trainers at All Dogs Go to Kevin would love to have you join a class and we offer everything from Puppy Manners to Reactive Rover to Canine Good Citizen and everything in between. If you’ve exhausted those options, we have a Refresher class, Agility and Loose Leash Walking. There’s something for everyone, so check it out and I’m sure Fido will be one happy pup. And we guarantee to send you home from class with a tired pup!
- Freedom No Pull Harness - If walks are a struggle and your dog is wearing a collar or a back hook harness, one of the easiest things you can change right now is your dog’s gear. Fido will thank you if decide to purchase a Freedom No-Pull Harness. Not only does this harness come with a double leash allowing you to attach the leash to the front and back of the harness, or to a gentle leader and the front clip, or simply use as a six foot leash attached to the front clip, but it comes with many easily adjustable bands so your dog is wearing a perfectly fitting harness. Chances are, your dog wants to hang up the title of Iditarod Sled Dog Wannabe, so get a front clip harness, and you’ll both be happier on walks.
- Snoop - This is the work to eat toy for the work to eat newbie! Your dog will love pushing around this toy to earn their kibble. A bonus for you, it’s easy to load with food and easy to wash!
- Snuffle Mat - I can’t wait to give my dog one of these for Christmas. This mat puts your dog’s nose to the test as it encourages natural foraging skills. I’ve found several that are machine washable, or check out youtube for directions on how to make your own.
- Flirt Pole/ Tail Teaser - Are you looking for a great way to exercise your dog, practice impulse control, and feed into natural prey drive all while requiring little effort from you? Sounds like a great idea to me! The flirt pole is a wonderful option and something your dog is sure to enjoy.
- Through a Dog’s Ear: Music to Calm Your Canine Companion by Lisa Spector - Sometimes we all need to take a deep breath and relax! Through a Dog’s Ear is the perfect CD to play for your dog while you’re at work. Or, if you work at home I have a feeling you’ll enjoy the music, too.
- Manners Minder Treat and Train - This is the most expensive item on the list, but one with many uses. People have reported using this to decrease barking, separation anxiety, train a stay for duration, reactivity to passersby, and much more. The Manners Minder Treat and Train comes with a thorough training DVD.
- Kong Wobbler or Kong Gyro - Is your dog ready for an intermediate work to eat toy? These are two wonderful options. I like the Kong Wobbler because it can hold up to two cups of food at a time and is extremely durable. The Kong Gyro is another great option and can hold one cup of food at a time.
- Pet Zone IQ Treat Ball - This is the most advanced work to eat option on the list and is sure to keep your dog engaged. This one comes in two sizes.
- Happy Howie’s Food Roll - Having trouble keeping your dog’s attention on walks or in highly distracting environments? Try Happy Howe’s Food Roll in turkey or beef flavor. This a highly motivating and rewarding treat for those challenging training situations.
And Fido, there’s a special list for you. Don’t forget to shop for that special human in your life!
- Treat pouch - Does your human always forget to bring treats and then you do something adorable? With a treat pouch, they’ll always be able to reward your cute behavior.
- Poop bags - Don’t let your owner get caught in a poopy situation. Stuff their stocking with plenty of poop bags.
- Spray Shield - Have you been out on a stroll enjoying the pee smells on the trees, when all of a sudden a dog comes running toward you and you freaked out, and then your owner freaked out? Don’t let that happen again and make sure your owner is prepared with a can Spray Shield to protect both of you from any off leash dogs.
- Unlimited Pass to Puppy Socials - I know, I know, you keep play biting because you’re trying to tell your new family that you need puppy socials to learn bite inhibition. Get them the pass, and they won’t be able to stay away.
- Warm Outerwear - Do you look at your owner with the cutest puppy dog eyes and they say, “Sorry, Fido, it’s too cold for a walk today.” No more excuses! Buy them some warm gear so they never miss a walk (or at least brave the cold more often).
- Culture Clash by Jean Donaldson - Does your human love to read? Are you dying to learn some new behaviors and build your relationship with your human? Wrap this book up and they’re sure to catch the training bug.